Black Bean Sliders
- 1 tbsp flax seed
- 2 (15oz) cans black bean
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 c chopped onion
- 1 c. seasoned breadcrumbs
- Mix 1 tbsp flax seed with 2 ½ tbsp. water, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Drain but do not rinse black beans. Pour into a bowl and have children take turns mashing beans.
- Add garlic, chili powder, salt, and onion and mix.
- Fold in flax seed mixture.
- Add bread crumbs and mix until just combined.
- Spoon out 1 heaping spoonful of black bean mixture to each child and have them form it into a patty
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a skillet on medium heat and cook sliders for 2 minutes on each side.
- Mini Chopper
- Induction Burner and Pan
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Wet Wipes
- For longer classes kids can use the chopper to chop the onion and the garlic.
- Flax seed is an egg replacement, after 5 minutes it should have thickened and absorbed the water
- Pass around the chili powder and see if children can guess what spices make up chili powder
- Have wet wipes ready for kids who need to wipe their hands after making a patty