An educational approach that balances formal instruction and hands on experience through the understanding and application of the concepts of Physical Literacy. Program can take place before, during, and after school.
Teens use sport sampling and mindfulness along with the other basic tenants of P.L.U.S.Programming, such as healthy cooking, STEAM gardening as the basis for mentoring younger students.
Topics will provide concrete fundamentals such as:
- Incorporating mindfulness in everyday life
- Learning how to prepare healthy dishes & understanding where food comes from and it’s role culturally in our lives and as fuel
- Group dynamics
- Learning how to run a meeting (public speaking)
- Feedback: giving and receiving messages
- Understanding different forms of intelligence
- Conflict resolution
- Leadership styles—situational leadership and case studies