Physical Literacy (PL) involves a cultural shift by which children and adults, develop and effectively implement the fundamental movement, nutrition, and mindfulness skills necessary to live a physically, socially, and emotionally healthy, active life.
Effective Physical Literacy Programming begins in preschool and extends through high school. NAPL (The National Association of Physical Literacy) is dedicated to providing Physical Literacy curriculum, training and programming that directly addresses the mounting health crisis of inactivity.
physical activity + academic achievement= healthy, happy kids
Listen to the experts ( click on the links below) and look at the results:
- Before school gym effects on task behavior during day
- Increased physical activity during school leads to improved academic performance:
- To do better in school, kids need to exercise
- Exercise helps kids in every way
- PE Matters
- Physical Activity is impacting lower income students
- The CEO of The American Heart Association Shares how active kids are better learners