National PE Standards
The Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE America)’s National Standards define what a student should know and be able to do as result of a quality physical education program. States and local school districts across the country use the National Standards to develop or revise existing standards, frameworks and curricula.
See the 5 Standards listed below – and NAPL’s solution.
Standard 1 – The physically literate individual demonstrates competency in a variety of motor skills and movement patterns.
- NAPL provides direct programming opportunities for children to develop the L.O.B fundamental movement skills (Locomotive, Object Control, Body Management)
Standard 2 – The physically literate individual applies knowledge of concepts, principles, strategies and tactics related to movement and performance.
- NAPL has deliberately written curriculum to help children experience the “crossover effect” of applying the individual movement skills and team concepts that translate from one sport to the next.
Standard 3 – The physically literate individual demonstrates the knowledge and skills to achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical activity and fitness.
- NAPL recognizes that to approach wellness properly – you have to approach it holistically. Our comprehensive approach emphasizes the concepts of sport as play, food as fuel and mindfulness as happiness.
Standard 4 – The physically literate individual exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others.
- NAPL takes a developmentally appropriate approach to training, programming and curriculum that infuses core components of sportsmanship, self-regulation and leadership skills.
Standard 5 – The physically literate individual recognizes the value of physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression and/or social interaction.
- NAPL Mission: We aim to inspire a healthy, active world in which all people have the ability to move, the confidence to play and the desire to affect genuine wellness for generations to come.
- NAPL Vision: Our success is measured in the number of children who have the ability, behavior, confidence, desire, and explorative nature to be active for life. We believe in collaboration and a relentless pursuit of fun through play.